Be equipped with the skills to spot fake news and analyse arguments in the media
Who should attend
• Professionals who deal with or disseminate information at work
In this course, participants will learn
• The various types of fake news used to confuse people today
• Formal and informal reasoning
• How to evaluate reasoning in the media
• Ways to assess media content
IMPORTANT NOTE: Registrations will close 10 working days prior to the course date, as lead time is required for logistics preparation.
A senior journalist at The Straits Times, Shefali Rekhi is also an editor of Asia News Network, an alliance of 23 news media. She is one of the key anchors in ST's initiatives to fight fake news.
A veteran media professional, Geoffrey Pereira has taken on various journalistic and media support roles in The Straits Times since 1986. Prior to that, he was a philosophy tutor at the National University of Singapore while working on his postgraduate degree